Re: Memory Management blue screen error

No it would not hurt and you don't want to install a second memory stick unless it is exactly the same part number as the first one otherwise you will not have a matched pair. And even then it may cause a problem since they were not purchased together.

"Brandonlee" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9571d0eef64e1961e89be886fd404de7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That could be the problem then. I have a (DDR2) 2GB RAM I installed
myself and a 512 MB RAM from the factory. Because I don't have the
other factory 512 RAM card anymore, would it hurt to use the 2GB card
and have the second ram slot empty until I can buy another?

Curious;1075550 Wrote:
What is the configuration of you 2.5GB of RAM?
Vista does not like RAM that does not all operate at the same speed.
So
when using DDR2 RAM you should only use a matched set of 1GB RAM to get
2GB.
I suggest that you consider downgrading to to 2GB.

--
Brandonlee

  • Re: Re : Whittakre fucks up, reveals that he *is* the sock puppet dolphstarbeam,, its fearlars
    ... and memory leaks tend to accumulate from that in time. ... since all the RAM is totally consumed. ... was bothered and flailing (check the 'you hurt me long ago'). ... funny at the time if he had figured it out and gone for it. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: how much swap for 10g on a 4Gb RAM system?
    ... RAM or less and between one and two times the amount of RAM for systems with ... It can hurt a lot. ... That's why the instructions change ... installation guides and metalink notes. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: J2EE programming on very old computer
    ... but a bit more RAM wouldn't hurt at all ... once you start loading more involved packages. ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: Hard Disk 20
    ... then I guess a "drop" test wouldn't hurt. ... It does seem to spin up and the light flashes green for about 15 ... It is so strange that it first gave me that "System 7 needs more RAM" ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Memory Management blue screen error
    ... I have a (DDR2) 2GB RAM I installed ... myself and a 512 MB RAM from the factory. ... other factory 512 RAM card anymore, would it hurt to use the 2GB card ...