Re: Memory Management blue screen error

The only thing I've done with the bios was change the boot sequence to
have my CD Rom as first preference so I could reinstall vista. I've
always been afraid to mess with the bios much since I really don't know
much about it.

Also, I did have the auto reboot box checked. It's unchecked now so
hopefully I can get back to you with the memory info next time it
hapens.

--
Brandonlee

  • Re: maybe a bit OT: EEPROMs and PCs
    ... | Ahh, okay. ... | BIOS chips. ... For all ROM code I'd use ... The things inbetween these brackets are the memory address. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: BIOS startup ??
    ... BIOS is loaded from CMOS into RAM memory? ... The boot process ... Computer initialization is a process - not en event. ... always a jump command followed by the actual BIOS ROM ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Anyone have a memory test program for Z80 based S-100?
    ... >box with any PC bios compatible machine.. ... Actually the concept of BIOS is CP/M of not less than five years older ... like a PC like machine with 900k of ram. ... CP/M V2.2 BIOS is easy to put in rom as a package with a Monitor ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Has anyone got SCP 86-Dos Running on any Machine
    ... True, the bus is irrelevant, but I don't believe that the BIOS of 86-DOS used the SCP Monitor ROM once it was booted. ... I think that the only thing that the monitor did was boot the disk drive from the supported disk controller, and many of the controllers had their own capability to do that independent of the monitor. ... disk drives attached or running. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Hoher Ausgangsstrom an CMOS-chip
    ... aus dem ROM in den PSRAM kopiert werden und dann von dort abgerufen werden. ... BIOS zu überspringen. ... Wenn das Teil Mitte der 90er integriert wurde, ... externer Datenbus getrennt sind. ...
    (de.sci.electronics)