Messed up running two os' in my computer how do i fix it?

alright for a little background, i had vista ultimate SP1 then i
upgraded to a sp2 build and today i decided why not install and run sp1
also, to see if my wireless card would work with sp1 because it didnt
with sp2, so im an idiot and i forgot to partition my HDD so now i have
two os's on one HDD how do i fix it. Right now i half all my old stuff
tucked away in a Windows.old folder, now i want to delete my sp1 that i
installed over the sp2 build and just go back to the way it was before i
installed sp1, how would i be able to do this without just starting over
from scratch because i had a lot of programs, games, videos, ect (about
650GB of stuff) that i dont want to have to go back and download all
over again. Any help at all would be appriciated.

--
cLiPz

  • Re: Repair XP SP2 installation with XP SP1 CD-ROM
    ... SP1 doesn't know about the Firewall and Security Center control panel items of SP2. ... Aparently they are more along the lines of applications, and they were rendered non-functional because they apparently depend on SP2 versions of system files, which were replaced by SP1 versions by the SP1 repair install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Repair XP SP2 installation with XP SP1 CD-ROM
    ... but for all intents an purposes the system is functioning exactly as a healthy SP1 OS as far as I can tell. ... Plus not having another machine here running a clean install of XP SP1 it is difficult to do a complete comparison. ... problems other than the the lack of security fixes included in SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why this message?
    ... Security Center to install 'Automatic Update'. ... updates, presumably SP2! ... with SP1 not necessarily bothered in an obvious ... to erase your hard drive and restore your computer to the state it was ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Repair XP SP2 installation with XP SP1 CD-ROM
    ... is functioning exactly as a healthy SP1 OS as far as I can tell. ... Plus not having another machine here running a clean install of XP SP1 it is difficult to do a complete comparison. ... problems other than the the lack of security fixes included in SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Harddisk 400GB - using diskmgmt
    ... >> First you had to have at least SP1 to be able to handle the 400G drive. ... >> It appears that your new boot drive does not have SP1 or SP2 installed. ... > SP1/SP2 into his original XP CD and create a new install CD. ... If, for some reason, you desire only a single partition on your drive, you ...