Re: Need to reinstall vista home Premium

Hi,

You need to contact Acer for a set pf recovery disks, you cannot use a retail disk nor can you just download the proprietary image file needed for your system (it likely will contain proprietary drivers needed for your system not in the retail disk). Expect to pay a modest charge for this.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"PitaMod" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bbd439e240b324c351547f93df62374d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I bought a new Acer Aspire 5920 but it came with no back up disks. I
have the valid Windows vista home premium key on the bottom of the
laptop, I just need somewhere online to download the files to get vista
home premium back.

What happened was I got a virus and it it locked me out of my backup
partition where I could do a clean install. So I installed XP instead
and now I want to reinstall Vista back. Hopefully someone can help me
get the files I need.

--
PitaMod

.