Re: Vista SP2 RC will not uninstall

luser2 wrote:
Hi, I have tried all the official and miscrosoft published instructions
on uninstalling SP2 Release Candidate for Vista Ultimate (in my case 32
bit). I have tried with tech support. So I have really gone the extra
mile.

I have very compelling reasons to not perform a new installation
because of lost set up programs and keys which are essential to my
business. I do have backups which go back before the SP2 installation
(Release candidate). Is there no way or does anyone have knowlege of
maybe just the directories or files I would need to reinstall; to
uninstall RC 2 for Vista ?

Is there any automated tool ? Any suggestions ?

Much appreciated for any help, in advance.

Thanks

I also had this problem recently because my new computer had been installed (by me) from scratch with the SP2 RC.

I solved it by performing an "Upgrade" installation.

All of my data was retained.
The vast majority of my programs still worked but there were some problems with my HP Printer and scanner.

The most annoying thing was that my desktop customisations disappeared and I had to recreate them manually.

As to the programs and devices which did not work, I just reinstalled them.

Unfortunately I did not take a note of the failing programs and devices so cannot be more specific.

Trevor

  • Re: Vista Ulitmate SP2 Update Question
    ... :: I have Vista Ultimate 32-bit. ... :: SP2 has not shown-up in my auto updates. ... I unitstalled SP2 ... installation through Windows Update ...
  • Re: no boot !!!! xp sp2 auto update install
    ... Windows XP SP1 up and working working and having the latest drivers are not ... SP2 - whether or not you are doing one computer or thousands. ... installation finished ok, or so it said... ... the mode is on to pleasuse the rebooting gods ...
  • Re: Help and Support fails after SP2
    ... As the ones you list below I've seen even before SP2 is applied. ... At the console started Net Logon and Windows Time. ... "Help and Support" was NOT LISTED in the Services and therefore could not be started. ... If the system prompts for installation CD, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IE6 Crashes OT
    ... (Formerly Known As "Hotfix Deployment and Installation Guide") ... Tidying up after SP2 Installation: ... Top 10 Reasons to Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... > end the process by way of task manager, ...
  • RE: SP2 update hung -did not complete
    ... It will not work try and see if the SP2 is in the Add/Remove ... something is forking the installation for some reason. ... Try to download the Offline SP2 for IT Professional and run the installation ... shoud do the defrag and disk cleanup in safe mode. ...