Re: after vista SP2 all shortcut icons changed

Ex_Brit;1069432 Wrote:
Not sure what the has to do with this instance but I have yet another
weird thing.

I just installed the new Intellitype and Intellipoint software for
Vista. In one of my Vista boots - no problems. In this one, all the IP
and ITP associated icons in the Start Menu/All programs and the desktop
shortcuts are totally blank,

I tried deleting the icon cache and rebooting, no difference.

I discovered that the installation of Nero 9 altered the default file
associations for many files types and even disassociated one altogether
(.icl). Once that was fixed, all went well.

Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP3, Vista Ultimate SP2, Windows 7 RC
P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Want a HowTo for multibooting two or more Vista versions
    ... The use of XOSL removes the need for each Vista installation to have its own ... logical partitions. ... I have not actually read the license text in these folders, ...
  • Re: Vista Corrupted To Near Unusability -- No Recovery Disks
    ... I like Ubuntu and in fact use it on this machine at work because to use my MVP award of Windows at work would IMHO be illegal. ... However I have tried W 7 and it is much leaner and cleaner than Vista so I can't quite agree that is is simply a trimmed down Vista, I believe there have been significant coding changes. ... I have been pleased with Vista HomePrem: unlike any previous Win installation I used, it ran for more than 2 years without any need for a clean install. ... No solution found at this time, but I may likely post what I eventually do, and that may not involve HP sending me the recovery CDs which I want because of what appears to be a flawed business model. ...
  • asus a8v-vm se mobo
    ... If u are trying to install vista or win7 it is not compatiable OS. ... it uses a realtech driver which keeps getting replace, ... Re: vista sound driver problem ... starts the installation, and choose Properties. ...
  • Re: OT: Office 2007 installation warning
    ... Subject: OT: Office 2007 installation warning ... Have installed a dozen Vista setups, from Home to Ultimate, both in X32 ... After upgrading it, no more problems in the last two months (it is my ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... PMTU discovery is some means that TCP uses to set the MTU packet size (when ... I have commited this machine to Vista now and will continue using my old XP ... Have conducted another bare metal Vista installation and installed the WMI ... > I still have my old laptop working OK. ...