BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
- From: theAM <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:05:52 -0500
I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean
install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and
goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of
doing the language screen it enters a BSoD.
It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"
In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
and "Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" I think.
Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. I have:
flashed my BIOS
disconnected all nonessential hardware (including one of my sticks of
uninstalled McAfee (I hated it anyway)
Ren oem*.inf oem*.old
And still the problem persists.
My system specs:
Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000
RAM: 2 GB, dual channel
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda SATA I 7200 RPM
- Prev by Date: Re: Need drivers for installing Vista
- Next by Date: Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
- Previous by thread: Need drivers for installing Vista
- Next by thread: Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit