Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit

If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?
Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or did you reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?

"theAM" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e20c75377cce9300ae918a8dd232c09e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean
install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and
goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of
doing the language screen it enters a BSoD.

It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"

In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
and "Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" I think.

Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. I have:

run chkdsk
flashed my BIOS
disconnected all nonessential hardware (including one of my sticks of
RAM)
uninstalled McAfee (I hated it anyway)
Ren oem*.inf oem*.old

And still the problem persists.

My system specs:

Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000
RAM: 2 GB, dual channel
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda SATA I 7200 RPM

--
theAM