Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit

If you have two DDR2 memory dims are they a matched pair?
Are you doing the clean install on top of the XP installation or did you reformat the disk and create a new primary partition?

"theAM" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e20c75377cce9300ae918a8dd232c09e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I currently have XP Home edition installed, and am trying to do a clean
install Vista Business x64 edition. It boots from the DVD fine, and
goes through the first couple of loading screens, and then instead of
doing the language screen it enters a BSoD.

It displays "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" and "STOP: 0x0000003B"

In the past I've also gotten \"STOP 0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
and "Stop: 0x0000007B", with "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" I think.

Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. I have:

run chkdsk
flashed my BIOS
disconnected all nonessential hardware (including one of my sticks of
RAM)
uninstalled McAfee (I hated it anyway)
Ren oem*.inf oem*.old

And still the problem persists.

My system specs:

Motherboard: Abit KN9 SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000
RAM: 2 GB, dual channel
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda SATA I 7200 RPM

--
theAM

  • Re: SP3 issues
    ... but clean reinstall is something I'm trying to avoid. ... install SP3 before upping the RAM. ... Non-viral malware is one of the most common causes of slow PCs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Brand new Imac suffering frightening kernel panic attacks
    ... You don't have phoney Apple stickers to hide, ... You have room to install more hard drives and components can breathe, ... A real PC is what Mac users call The Missing Link, ... your RAM is not to specifications you may get a kernel panic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Brand new Imac suffering frightening kernel panic attacks
    ... You don't have phoney Apple stickers to hide, ... You have room to install more hard drives and components can breathe, ... A real PC is what Mac users call The Missing Link, ... your RAM is not to specifications you may get a kernel panic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Brand new Imac suffering frightening kernel panic attacks
    ... You don't have phoney Apple stickers to hide, ... You have room to install more hard drives and components can breathe, ... A real PC is what Mac users call The Missing Link, ... your RAM is not to specifications you may get a kernel panic. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: regretting upgrade from ME to XP Home
    ... Their ValueRAM is the best bargain among their memory types. ... Crucial sells direct....they are a subsidiary of the company that manufactures their RAM. ... How To Install Internal & External Hard Drives ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)