Re: VIsta SP1 fails to install - after trying remedies

Peter,

See Tae Song post - it is now fixed.

I have 2 Vista PC's on my small home server network. One went through SP1 & SP2 with no problems. The second one stalled at SP1. This is now fixed.

--

*****************
John Lenz

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Oxb$4IF8JHA.4404@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I do not follow. You are saying that you already applied SP1. So to which system are you trying to apply SP1 to. Also are all the computers on the same Network

--
Peter

"John L" <JohnLenz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D98BF0A3-2E9F-4829-8201-56C516836B3B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peter,

On the SBS R2 I have SUS 3.0 SP1. It recommended install of SP1 for the one PC ( I already applied SP1 & SP2 to the other Vista Ultimate system). That process failed and then I downloaded SP1 and tried to apply and it failed as well.

--

*****************
John Lenz

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23K%23P7b37JHA.5932@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John

. I tried the push update of

Just trying to understand correctly

Are you trying to push the Update via GPO ?

--
Peter

"John L" <JohnLenz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3784CCE7-3402-4F1E-B8AA-91A12D89BAA5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Ultimate - Win SBS R2 Domain member
Symantec Anti-virus Corporate edition
ISA firewall client

I have 2 vista systems on my small home network. I tried the push update of SP1 and it failed and I tried the downloaded SP1 and it failed with the usual error codes. I wnet through KB947366 and actually got the long install but it failed in pass 3.

My other system had no problems and is at SP2. Both vista systems have nearly the same applications and both are domain members.

What can I do to get SP1 installed. I did not realize it was behind in service packs.

Any help appreciated. If there is a special forum for this please let me know and I will post there.

--

John Lenz

.