Re: VIsta SP1 fails to install - after trying remedies

THX, that did it. Now on to SP2!

--

*****************
John Lenz

"Tae Song" <tae_song@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A2AEA5A0-A4C3-41A0-B827-F0C94B946271@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"John L" <JohnLenz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3784CCE7-3402-4F1E-B8AA-91A12D89BAA5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Ultimate - Win SBS R2 Domain member
Symantec Anti-virus Corporate edition
ISA firewall client

I have 2 vista systems on my small home network. I tried the push update of SP1 and it failed and I tried the downloaded SP1 and it failed with the usual error codes. I wnet through KB947366 and actually got the long install but it failed in pass 3.

My other system had no problems and is at SP2. Both vista systems have nearly the same applications and both are domain members.

What can I do to get SP1 installed. I did not realize it was behind in service packs.

Any help appreciated. If there is a special forum for this please let me know and I will post there.

--

*****************
John Lenz

If you tried all the remedies in KB947366

Then try mine...

Delete c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log (persistant copy is stored in cbs.persist.log)

(if you can't delete it, reboot and try again or continue... deleting is preferable as you a smaller log to deal with)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

If it saids something like it could repair all components...

Run findstr /c:"damaged" "C:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log"

  • Re: VIsta SP1 fails to install - after trying remedies
    ... I tried the push update of SP1 and it failed and I tried the downloaded SP1 and it failed with the usual error codes. ... Both vista systems have nearly the same applications and both are domain members. ... John Lenz ...
  • Re: VIsta SP1 fails to install - after trying remedies
    ... You are saying that you already applied SP1. ... So to which system are you trying to apply SP1 to. ... John Lenz ... Both vista systems have nearly the same applications and both are domain members. ...
  • Re: Problems with ink pad in OE 6
    ... As far as updating your computer, since you are on dial-up, order a free SP2 CD. ... SP1 as well as all SP1 updates are included. ... I did get a w32.spybot virus in May but Norton picked it up before it got ...
  • Re: Repair XP SP2 installation with XP SP1 CD-ROM
    ... but for all intents an purposes the system is functioning exactly as a healthy SP1 OS as far as I can tell. ... Plus not having another machine here running a clean install of XP SP1 it is difficult to do a complete comparison. ... problems other than the the lack of security fixes included in SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to boot XPe SP1 from a USB flash drive?
    ... You would really want to move to FP2007 (not just SP2) as some reducing footprint job has been done there by Microsoft. ... Your SP1 image should supposedly work even with SP2/FP2007 tools. ... supported there but lots of info has been posted in this NG on how to make the USB boot on XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)