Re: setting NIC display name with autounattend.xml

Hi,

I have seen this, but it does not give an hint on who to rename a network
connection. I guess that's not working.

At least I can addresse the interface when I specify "Local Area
Connection", "Local Area Connection 2" and so forth.

I really hate the given MS example. it's useless and it's not working either.

but thanks any way.
Gunno

"Zaphod Beeblebrox" wrote:

"Gunno" <Gunno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi there,

in earlier version of unattend it was easy to set the NIC setting.
Now with
WSIM, how can I set an NIC display name, to rename it from "Local
Area
Network" to e.g. "Heartbeat".

Also how do I identify a NIC in autounattend.xml? I know that I can
use the
mac address. But I don't want to use mac addresses in the
autounattend.xml
file.

any idea to both of these questions?

For setting the display name of the interface, it looks like the
Interface section of the Microsoft-Windows-TCPIP component might be
what you are after. I think you'll want to set it in the Specialize
phase. See
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722430(WS.10).aspx for
more details.

For identifying the NIC, if you mean specifying which of multiple
NICs, I don't know, but see the note on
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748905(WS.10).aspx, maybe
that will help.

--
Zaphod

"The best Bang since the Big One" - Eccentrica Gallumbits

  • Re: Remote Access Sluggish
    ... In network properties this nic is called "Server Local Area Connection" and ... Remote acces is sluggish using RDP and RWW ... whether both NICs were enabled during SBS setup and therefore the SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Incorrect NIC Status reporting
    ... seems to me the Auto of Speed & Duplex doesn't work on some NICs. ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe which has an on-board LAN ... and "A network connection is unplugged". ...
  • Re: Error configuring remote access
    ... Still cannot start network services to see the nics. ... Jim Bourque ... Connections and Remote Access Connection Manager are the only two services ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • SUMMARY : 2 NIC interfaces with different speeds and Crossover connection between 2 SunFire systems.
    ... Hendrik Visage for there most appreciated suggestions. ... connection speed. ... systems with two NICs on each which can support ... network gateway entry /etc/defaultrouter. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: CEICW & software updates...
    ... why would the 192.168.0.x network be the outside one ?? ... How many nics ... DNS returned ok. ... Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)