Re: no 64 bit upgrade support

In message <uMtmd6J7JHA.4100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> John
<john6528@xxxxxxxxxxx> was claimed to have wrote:

I upgraded to 64 bit vista home premium about 3 weeks ago. When I
entered the id for email support it said the product had expired so I
have to pay $59.00 for support. I think that's a ripoff. My 32 bit disk
is working just fine. The 64 bit is a new system and less than 90 days old.

A couple things jump out at me here -- Is the 64-bit system a brand new
purchased copy of Vista, or a copy that you purchased at some point in
the past and just switched from 32-bit to 64-bit?

You need to be aware that you only have one licensed copy of Vista, and
can use it in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode, but only on one PC, and as a
result the support policy is based on the original installation,
switching from 32-bit to 64-bit or back again doesn't reset your license
or support agreement.

  • Re: Vista Useage Restrictions
    ... From WindowsXP Home Retail EULA:- ... Windows Vista Basic/Home/Ultimate Edition EULA ... software may reassign the license to another device ONE time. ... Support: I see that you have reauthenticated that copy of Vista ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • RE: Problem with VS2008 on Windows Vista
    ... As for the view switching, are you testing it in WPF project or ASP.NET ... You can try performing a repair install first. ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: XP license to 2nd computer legal?
    ... K6-2 that can't run WinXP, ... What you purchase is a use license. ... Vista because hardware just meets minimum WinXP requirements. ... for tech support call ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Changing Console Resolution - Vidcontrol
    ... calls are required to perform the bank switching. ... as VESA support was pretty spotty on most hardware at the time. ... I'm currently using the VESA driver for X at the moment as the ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: [Re: Linux 2.6.28-rc1] scsi 4:0:0:0: timing out command, waited 22s
    ... switching to async ... Dmesg ang config: ... switch to using block layer tagging support") to enable support for ... The block layer initializes the tag field to -1 to detect invalid uses ...
    (Linux-Kernel)