Re: no 64 bit upgrade support

In message <uMtmd6J7JHA.4100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> John
<john6528@xxxxxxxxxxx> was claimed to have wrote:

I upgraded to 64 bit vista home premium about 3 weeks ago. When I
entered the id for email support it said the product had expired so I
have to pay $59.00 for support. I think that's a ripoff. My 32 bit disk
is working just fine. The 64 bit is a new system and less than 90 days old.

A couple things jump out at me here -- Is the 64-bit system a brand new
purchased copy of Vista, or a copy that you purchased at some point in
the past and just switched from 32-bit to 64-bit?

You need to be aware that you only have one licensed copy of Vista, and
can use it in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode, but only on one PC, and as a
result the support policy is based on the original installation,
switching from 32-bit to 64-bit or back again doesn't reset your license
or support agreement.
.