Re: How to transfer image to a new drive

You are half right!

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"housetrained" <housetrained@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:007ab9cf$0$12447$c3e8da3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Shane Devenshire" <shanedevenshire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OnMdof$6JHA.5524@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Using VISTA Ultimate on an IBM T60p laptop. I am going to upgrade the hard drive from 100 to 320 GB. I have a 300GB SimpleTech external drive. I want to copy (image) the current hard drive to the SimpleTech, replace the hard drive and copy the image of from the SimpleTech back to the new drive.

1. Can this be done?
2. What software should one use?
3. Where would one find the steps necessary to do the imaging portion. (I can handle the hardware.)

------
Unrelated - why can't I make a post on the Microsoft website to this Newsgroup? Everytime I click New and choose Question I get a hand with a explosion symbol and nothing else?

TIA.
Shane Devenshire
Acronis true image (tools - clone)
--
John the West Ham fan

housetrained@xxxxxxxxxxx
<><

  • How to transfer image to a new drive
    ... Using VISTA Ultimate on an IBM T60p laptop. ... I am going to upgrade the hard drive from 100 to 320 GB. ... I want to copy the current hard drive to the SimpleTech, replace the hard drive and copy the image of from the SimpleTech back to the new drive. ...
    ... "Shane Devenshire" wrote in message ... Using VISTA Ultimate on an IBM T60p laptop. ... I am going to upgrade the hard drive from 100 to 320 GB. ... I want to copy the current hard drive to the SimpleTech, replace the hard drive and copy the image of from the SimpleTech back to the new drive. ...