Re: Computer crash

"David B." <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:#QoUArH6JHA.2456@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Memtest tests your system memory, NOT graphics memory. Logic would dictate that if it gives you an error, you should be looking at your RAM as the problem, NOT your video card. Pull out all sticks and test them one at a time to find the faulty module.

Good point.

  • Re: Desktop Suggestion Please
    ... yes i agree with you about the RAM, ... video card driver and chipset driver for your computer from said ... I am using the classic view windows style. ...
  • Re: RS6000 43p/140 AIX 4.3 new install - get stuck!
    ... of the older ECC ram for this board, see what I can scrape together. ... to AIX v5: 5.1 is the last OS version that you CAN install on the model ... particularly video card. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Memory Install Question
    ... says to remove the PCI-Express video card ... interference with memory retention mechanism". ... interferes with the memory install. ... and the snaps on each RAM slot. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Memory Install Question
    ... says to remove the PCI-Express video card ... interference with memory retention mechanism". ... and the snaps on each RAM slot. ...     Records the new inventory in DMI and ESCD areas inside the BIOS chip. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Re: Performance Issue
    ... significant, and the system still is sluggish after removal, you will ... you donít give the cpu specs, video card ... It has been our experience that anything less than 256MB RAM ... Systems with integrated video adapters that share system memory will ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)