Vista SP2 install broke my NIC drivers

I have the following incident logged with Mirosoft Tech Support who seem
incapable of giving me any technical support. Please can anyone help with
this?

My Thinkpad T61 was installed with SP1 and was upto date in terms of
patches, and crucially was working fine.....

I installed SP2 (taking the download updates option), following the reboot
neither my onboard NIC nor my wireless adapter will start (small yellow
warning triangle in device manager). I have downloaded current drivers from
Leovo and Intel - doesn't work, I've removed devices and rebooted then
rescanned - doesn't work. I have installed an old 3COM PCCARD adapter - works
- but isn't the solution. This does prove that it's the drivers that are
broken.

My line manager had a similar setup (same laptop, same OS, same broken
device drivers) , he uninstalled SP2 and it all worked again. I'd rather not
have to uninstall the SP2 but if it's the only way... particularly if
Microsoft are dodging the issue...

  • Re: Vista SP2 install broke my NIC drivers
    ... I installed SP2, ... This does prove that it's the drivers that are ... he uninstalled SP2 and it all worked again. ... Intel Wireless LAN ...
  • Re: Vista SP2 install broke my NIC drivers
    ... incapable of giving me any technical support. ... I installed SP2, ... This does prove that it's the drivers that are ... he uninstalled SP2 and it all worked again. ...
  • RE: UNSUPPORTED DEVICE on USB
    ... Go to the manufacturers website for updated drivers that are compatible ... "Teebo" wrote: ... I uninstalled SP2 and it is OK but after Installing ...
  • Re: sp2 blocks letter "o"
    ... > System restore prior to SP2 brings back letter O. ... Could also be (as strange as it may sound) NVidia Video Card ... latest drivers for your hardware devices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Speed Issues
    ... had sp2 installed on xp professional, and only two of them are acting up. ... > You should periodically defragment your hard drives as well as check them ... > latest drivers for your hardware devices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)