Re: Vista SP2 - Internet Explorer not working

Presumably you mean you fire up a web browser and cannot connect to the internet but can connect to other computers on your network?
I suppose that is not impossible but seems unlikely.
If that is the case then under tools/internet options/connections click the setup button on the top left.
If you still cannot connect to the internet try resetting your router (unplug, count to 5, replug). Vista wireless connections to routers are stable on some machines but very tenuous on others running similar hardware. At my house two wireless Vista units never drop their connection to the router but a third periodically requires the router be reset although the other two units have stable wireless connections.

  • Re: Lost contadt with Router
    ... Try deleting temp internet files and try again and make sure you are using ... had the wrong default gateway it would not be able to access the internet. ... I was configuring my sisters' router and could do that using 192.168.1.1 ... specified the wireless connections) it happened again. ...
  • Re: Lost contadt with Router
    ... I was configuring my sisters' router and could do that using 192.168.1.1 ... However at some point the router stopped responding to the ... The router continues to work OK and I can access the internet ... specified the wireless connections) it happened again. ...
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... The SBS DNS server, running on ... its IP it means that your problem is now DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... Both NICs should point to his internal IP for DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... First Page of the Internet Connection Wizard, ... Next I Select a local router device with an ip address. ... You should give your SBS a fixed external address so you can forward ports ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)