Re: A single DVD that contains Windows PE 2.1 and Vista SP1

Mazzaroc <mazzaroc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It seems to me that the page, that you have shown me, describes the
procedure to create a boot menu from the hard disk and not from a DVD.
I am wrong? If so, you can give me some suggestions to make this work?

YOU CAN NOT DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ! ! !

  • Re: Image of my harddisk XP
    ... Database Developer ... partition of the drive(not on DVD), even if you burn the same it requires ... Acronis boot disk first. ... I am wondwering if something happens to my entire hard disk then there is no ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows vista Home Premium 64-bit edition OEM
    ... Set your BIOS to boot from the hard disk you want to install on and also set your DVD drive as bootable. ... If the hard disk already has a Windows OS installed you will need to press a key, when prompted, to boot from the OEM DVD. ... If you do not want to preserve any files or settings, format the hard disk at the screen when you are asked where to install. ...
  • Re: RescueCD - what is this for?
    ... Actually, this machine didn't have a DVD reader, so that was out. ... But it left me wondering what the purpose of the Rescue CD is? ... The rescue CD has the boot loader, and the stage2 installer taking only ... CD, hard disk, etc. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Where is the "autorun" resp. "setup.exe" on a Solaris installation DVD ?
    ... If correctly written you will have a bootable DVD and all you have to do is ... adjust the boot sequence in the BIOS to attempt to boot from the CD/DVD. ... to create a duel boot system you need to do some more reading. ... If you just want to try out Solaris without writing to the hard disk you ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: [opensuse] 10.3 DVD is not booting
    ... What do you mean by not booting? ... I mean that when i start the computer with dvd in the computer boot from ... hard disk, no boot options. ... But when i put the dvd with the 10.2 it gives me the boot options. ...
    (SuSE)