error 0x8007005 Access Denied

64 bit windows home premium
Get this error when trying to set a restore.

It at least looks like I have ownership of c: with all the permissions. On permission, "Special permissions," is listed but not checked.

What now?

John

  • Re: file ownerships changed
    ... the permissions on various system files. ... If you could get a SuSE permissions file ... that I changed the ownership of the files in the ... Make another backup first, restore the ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Cant access files
    ... You need to take ownership over the inaccessible areas, ... When you do this for an account profile you destroy the ... To restore this, after getting the copy, ... you need to return Full Control permissions to the account, ...
  • Re: Need to understand permissions and ownership
    ... ownership of everything? ... I did make a restore point before starting to foll around with the ... if you've messed around with permissions for no good reason doing a ... I know that I changed ownership on the c drive and also tried to change ownership of the users folder to my own named account. ...
  • Re: Remove ownership
    ... But it does hold security info. So once restore is complete all the ntfs ... permissions are back including the ownership. ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ...
  • Re: Take ownership of files
    ... Maybe back up the files to tape and then restore them? ... of copying files along with their permissions, ... > I need a command i can use in a script to take ownership of a directory so ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)