Re: Wipe Home Premium 64 bit - reinstall XP

PS; If you do get the winxp cd to boot then likely as not you have a sata
drive, in which case you will either need to install sata controler drivers
from floppy during the installation (F6 option) or ammend bios settings for
the corect sata controller

"slowpokey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I did try that on a couple different PC's and it boots up like it's
suppose to. Now those PC's have XP on them already. But that told me
that the CD is working ok.

Tae Song;1057692 Wrote:
"slowpokey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dd2a233667c191a2a7b0a3c31443a441@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

My co-worker bought a new toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium 64
bit.
It is not compatible with our remote access system which is why she
bought the pc to begin with. I tried to start the installation with
the
XP installation CD but it won't allow me to start the process. I
figured
out how to wipe the HD but when it still won't boot from the XP CD. I
used the recovery disk to reinstall Vista HP 64 bit.

What am I missing here? It just will not boot from the XP CD. I went
out and changed the bios boot feature to boot from the CD drive and
it
still doesn't work.

Help!!!!!

--
slowpokey > >

Have you tried to boot the XP CD on another computer?

--
slowpokey

  • Re: Wont boot from SATA drives
    ... After several years' good service, it has developed a fault that it will not boot from these drives, nor recognise them if I boot from a floppy. ... This may very well be a SATA controller driver issue since the ASUS A7NX8 series of motherboards does not contain a chipset that has "built-in" SATA controller driver support. ... That being so, you've attempted to make a fresh install of the XP OS on both the Hitachi & Seagate SATA HDDs, right? ... In other words you're able to at least begin the installation of the XP OS, but the installation "fails starting the second phase where it should boot from the HD."? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Wont boot from SATA drives
    ... them if I boot from a floppy. ... This may very well be a SATA controller driver issue since the ASUS A7NX8 ... say that you have "zeroout" your two SATA HDDs. ... When you boot to the XP OS installation CD, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Dual boot issue: GRUB/NTLDR etc.
    ... >>>What really puzzles me is that the debian installation just successfully ... in spite of its boot! ... >> to the kernel involving SATA, ... > IMHO Linux shouldn't care about my SATA disk ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: PC shuts down when installing XP
    ... I had the same problem.You need the drivers for your sata drive as XP does ... pretty sure the XP installation is corrupt). ... In my Sata Raid capable motherboard bios the Raid boot feature is enabled ...
  • Re: XP Pro wont boot, safemode wont help, recovery console doesnt h
    ... Win XP Pro installed on a 300GB SATA drive, ... When trying to boot it gets to the standard Windows logo and after ... new install, which AFAIK would wipe the drive). ... the SATA HDD listed in Device Manager in the "Disk drives" section? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)