Re: Wipe Home Premium 64 bit - reinstall XP

PS; If you do get the winxp cd to boot then likely as not you have a sata
drive, in which case you will either need to install sata controler drivers
from floppy during the installation (F6 option) or ammend bios settings for
the corect sata controller

"slowpokey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I did try that on a couple different PC's and it boots up like it's
suppose to. Now those PC's have XP on them already. But that told me
that the CD is working ok.

Tae Song;1057692 Wrote:
"slowpokey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dd2a233667c191a2a7b0a3c31443a441@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >

My co-worker bought a new toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium 64
bit.
It is not compatible with our remote access system which is why she
bought the pc to begin with. I tried to start the installation with
the
XP installation CD but it won't allow me to start the process. I
figured
out how to wipe the HD but when it still won't boot from the XP CD. I
used the recovery disk to reinstall Vista HP 64 bit.

What am I missing here? It just will not boot from the XP CD. I went
out and changed the bios boot feature to boot from the CD drive and
it
still doesn't work.

Help!!!!!

--
slowpokey > >

Have you tried to boot the XP CD on another computer?

--
slowpokey

.