Re: Wipe Home Premium 64 bit - reinstall XP

Hi,

It likely means the XP CD does not have drivers available to load the system hardware to prepare for installation. Keep in mind that when XP was released (8 years ago), sata drives were not common as they are now and were not natively supported. This is the most common problem with installing XP on new hardware, and to load them requires a floppy drive. Unlike Vista, XP setup only knows to look for a floppy for additional drivers, the only other option being to create a custom image for install (not something you would do for a single system).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"slowpokey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:dd2a233667c191a2a7b0a3c31443a441@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My co-worker bought a new toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
It is not compatible with our remote access system which is why she
bought the pc to begin with. I tried to start the installation with the
XP installation CD but it won't allow me to start the process. I figured
out how to wipe the HD but when it still won't boot from the XP CD. I
used the recovery disk to reinstall Vista HP 64 bit.

What am I missing here? It just will not boot from the XP CD. I went
out and changed the bios boot feature to boot from the CD drive and it
still doesn't work.

Help!!!!!

--
slowpokey