Re: Wipe Home Premium 64 bit - reinstall XP

Prior to trying, have you checked Tosh site as to whether winxp drivers are
available for this Laptop? they may not be, which will give further
problems, and it maybe that any warranty will be invalidated, and of course
support if you install a none supported o/s

"slowpokey" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

My co-worker bought a new toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
It is not compatible with our remote access system which is why she
bought the pc to begin with. I tried to start the installation with the
XP installation CD but it won't allow me to start the process. I figured
out how to wipe the HD but when it still won't boot from the XP CD. I
used the recovery disk to reinstall Vista HP 64 bit.

What am I missing here? It just will not boot from the XP CD. I went
out and changed the bios boot feature to boot from the CD drive and it
still doesn't work.

Help!!!!!

--
slowpokey

  • [SLE] Video mode problem, cant get into Yast
    ... going on my new Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop. ... I boot from the installation CD and eventually have five choices: ... installation, update, repair, boot installed system, and boot rescue system. ... resolution for a Dell laptop while I should have chosen 1024x768. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: F7: Cant Start X
    ... Dave Cross wrote: ... installation DVD wouldn't boot on my laptop. ... The boot sequence got as far as starting X ...
    (Fedora)
  • F7: Cant Start X
    ... installation DVD wouldn't boot on my laptop. ... yum update to latest versions of everything ... The boot sequence got as far as starting X ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Unauthorized Change to Vista
    ... My daughter is having problems with her laptop. ... DV5135NR that was originally supplied with XP Pro. ... updated through SP3 the I upgraded it to Vista Home Premium through ... Basically the computer is non functional until I can get it to boot to ...
  • Re: UEFI
    ... laptop and disabled it from ancient posts I read). ... To add a bit of general information, I unfortunately require Windows ... I boot to a Sid installation on a USB hard drive (I ... OEM Windows hasn't come with installation media since before XP, ...
    (Debian-User)