Re: Vista SP2 install problems

Howdy
Hey I,ve got a slower dailup than Dracher.I figured 343 MBs will take 350 hours to download.I can,t do that..and high-speed isn,t available yet in this area..Can I get this on a disc or have some one download it for me..My vista home basic is all up to date..If I don,t install SP2 what will happen..
Tom
"Dracher" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2702e89bc6c4c1a34ca8e45799bca706@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First off let me say that I'm in a very rural area that only has dialup
so downloading an update of this size took me about 17 hours.

I downloaded the SP2 using the Updates and yet when I try to install it
I get to "3 of 3" and gets to 100% but then stops there for a couple
minutes and then gives me a message of:

Service Pack Did Not Install. Reverting Changes

I'm currently running Vista Home Basic with SP1.

--
Dracher

.