Re: Vista SP2 install problems

Howdy
Hey I,ve got a slower dailup than Dracher.I figured 343 MBs will take 350 hours to download.I can,t do that..and high-speed isn,t available yet in this area..Can I get this on a disc or have some one download it for me..My vista home basic is all up to date..If I don,t install SP2 what will happen..
Tom
"Dracher" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2702e89bc6c4c1a34ca8e45799bca706@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First off let me say that I'm in a very rural area that only has dialup
so downloading an update of this size took me about 17 hours.

I downloaded the SP2 using the Updates and yet when I try to install it
I get to "3 of 3" and gets to 100% but then stops there for a couple
minutes and then gives me a message of:

Service Pack Did Not Install. Reverting Changes

I'm currently running Vista Home Basic with SP1.

--
Dracher

  • Re: S.Sengupta ???????
    ... > downloaded it, it told me the download was not successfull. ... I suggest you use the full SP2 installer instead of Windows ... Update to install SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Starting Windows Update IE freezes
    ... > When I try going to windows update, the IE i use to go there jsut freezes ... SP2 is available at the Microsoft Download Center ... How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2. ... be able to install SP2 on the computer: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: IE Hang when resuming SP2 update
    ... > Install, Custom Install, or View Inst History, the Internet Explorer window ... I suggest you use the full SP2 installer instead of Windows Update ... SP2 is available at the Microsoft Download Center ... not install SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: XP Service Pack 2
    ... When searching for available updates on the Windows Update site, ... Update to install SP2. ... SP2 is available at the Microsoft Download Center ...
  • Re: Windows update page does not open
    ... Update to install SP2. ... SP2 is available at the Microsoft Download Center ... Download folder located here: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)