Re: HP Recovery discs

"jannu97" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:cfae029008dbc5cbab2bcf126aef854f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, RalfG you were right ... I am shocked once again ... i just try to
resize my d drive by using EASEUS partition manager and when i explore
the d drive the folder with all of the data is still over there ... but
how to access that data is a big question for me :'(

--
jannu97

The only time I had a similar problem, logging in to the hidden administrator account made the files accessible and I could change the ownership and access them from Vista again. It was a while ago, I might have logged on in Safe Mode. One other way that might work is to boot the computer with an OS that does not care about Vista user accounts or security. You could try booting from a "live" Linux CD. If the folder is visible on D: drive you could then copy the files to C: drive or wherever and delete them from D:. Then boot into Vista again and resize D: (dangerous as you can damage the recovery function) or do whatever else you need to do.

  • Re: Go from dual boot to single.
    ... >> They are not listed in MSConfig because Vista uses a completely different ... >> boot loader. ... If you go to folder option and from the view tab select show ... I know you have Media Center ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Go from dual boot to single.
    ... They are not listed in MSConfig because Vista uses a completely different ... If you go to folder option and from the view tab select show ... drive letter you should see a folder called Boot. ... I know you have Media Center ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista RC1 "Boot" folder in C:
    ... I'm sure that I'm booting XP and all the dual boot ... Vista stuff is gone. ... the same message when trying to delete the folder after booting from the CD. ...
  • Re: Using Drive Image to adjust space?
    ... but that isnt one operation when you have to resize. ... >> really can boot off the F drive without the C drive being present. ... >> My Documents isnt the simple folder it superficially appears to be. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: filename is too long or contains illegal caracters
    ... which version of Vista are you using? ... past told me they don't know anything about Publisher). ... Do you upload to a particular folder on ... Per you suggestion, I tried to Add a Network Location in "Computer", ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)