Re: HP Recovery discs

What is the native resolution of your laptop screen and what resolution are you using with it?
When you say "dropped back to the next setting" what setting does it drop back to and does your monitor display it?

"Jim537" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:911d01fba74b05de4aa2bf86cf3fe88d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yup - you are correct on the monitor. However, I can't set it to
1280x1024.
Every time I tried it was rejected and dropped back to the next
setting.
As for the driver, the one I indicated is the one I just installed via
HP Tech Support Yesterday.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt at this time to try the latest and greatest.
Although I must admit to some skepticism as the monitor worked ok with
what ever driver was on the system as of last September.

--
Jim537

  • Re: Aunties English Again...
    ... Paying through the nose for the MS version has become optional. ... from a USB stick. ... Windows will run your card at whatever the driver will manage. ... out" at 1280 x 1024 and that's *not* the native resolution, ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Epson Stylus C70/C80
    ... >> that it's got a native resolution of 2880x720 dpi, ... >> can work at a higher resolution using this driver, ... cheap printer with excellent photo quality. ... printing photos from xv or from mozilla on my epson s.c. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Video Input
    ... I hooked up monitor to another computer and there were no problems ... Error Report and the response was Error caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver. ... If it's an LCD monitor you should be using the monitor's native resolution. ... shut down and restart. ...
  • Re: 1680x1050 support under FreeBSD (was Re: amd64 NVIDIA support in FreeBSD 7)
    ... though my LCD screen's native resolution is 1600x1200. ... No I don't believe I put anything fancy into it. ... with the xorg 6 series and I believe with xorg 7.0, ... xorg.conf file I used with the nv driver if that would be helpful to ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: TOT: Bloody new computers (This is off-topic! if offended, do not read)
    ... the latest driver, but still no support for 1440x900 :-(. ... I'm waiting ... The problem with LCDs usually is that unless you are using the resolution that is an exact match for the monitor's native resolution, ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)