Re: HP Recovery discs

What is the native resolution of your laptop screen and what resolution are you using with it?
When you say "dropped back to the next setting" what setting does it drop back to and does your monitor display it?

"Jim537" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:911d01fba74b05de4aa2bf86cf3fe88d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yup - you are correct on the monitor. However, I can't set it to
Every time I tried it was rejected and dropped back to the next
As for the driver, the one I indicated is the one I just installed via
HP Tech Support Yesterday.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt at this time to try the latest and greatest.
Although I must admit to some skepticism as the monitor worked ok with
what ever driver was on the system as of last September.