Re: HP Recovery discs

What is the model number of the monitor?
What model ATI graphics card/chip do you have on your system and what release of ATI drivers are you using for it?
What interface are you using from the graphics card to the monitor/

"Jim537" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:f299eae51ca8a007679bf22c1009b5dc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the replies..

Richard - if only it was that simple! That button has been pushed many
times!!

Curious - I installed the ATI drivers HP directed me to (not in safe
mode).
I had previously (before getting to HP Tech Support), installed drivers
via PnP and the drivers on the disc supplied by Samsung with the
monitor. No matter what I did the monitor would not display in the
proper format. It's been frustrating.....

--
Jim537

  • Re: Dual head, equalize color difference?
    ... > cash, just got a second TFT, dual-head works great so ... > To ease up things and concerning the monitor for better optics, ... The ATI drivers only support the 8500 and higher cards, ... There's no mention of *how* to obtain the right gamma settings, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: ATI Video Bias Error
    ... After I installed the ATI drivers I still have a video problem. ... After installing the new driver I get ... Should I replace the monitor or the ATi ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Monitor issue
    ... > I've been using a RADEON 7000 for sometime now without real problems. ... > seems to go to sleep not long after the screen saver kicks in. ... Although this does not create a fast monitor response, ... specific ATI drivers for your card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: App to automatically disable 2nd monitor?
    ... You can program macros to switch monitors. ... ATI drivers make it a little more ... It's invariably more of a pain when I forget to do this and load ... realise that I forgot to disable my monitor and have to re-start the ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)