Re: Vista 64 machine wont boot after SP2

"Mew2012" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d6f395678af25f50f81c7a6e9dfeff40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am having the exact same problem and when I disabled my Bitdefender
Antivirus 2009 and tried to install again it did the same thing but the
vista disc almost wasn't able to restore it. I had to try many times to
get into safe mode and finally A restore point worked. I still don't
have SP2. What can I do?

--
Mew2012

OK, try this...

Delete C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Run SFC /SCANNOW

If it comes up with components it could not fix...

Copy CBS.log and open CBS - Copy.log

Go and look for "Beginning Verify and Repair" and copy/paste from there to
the end of the file.

Then post it here and we can see what's going on.

  • Re: unexplained istalls
    ... Install them, update them, activate all their default mode ... Make sure your antivirus is up to date and run it. ... With Spybot, temporarily go into Advanced ... option to set a restore point then Spybot will hang if run while System ...
  • Re: System restore incomplete
    ... Install a good antivirus program and some good anti malware programs and update them and run them. ... The Windows XP is the 2002 version and its service pack is 3.0. ... they tend to freeze so I wanted to do a system restore. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista 64 machine wont boot after SP2
    ... I am having the exact same problem and when I disabled my Bitdefender ... Antivirus 2009 and tried to install again it did the same thing but the ... get into safe mode and finally A restore point worked. ...
  • Cant uninstall Norton, cant restore either
    ... I went to Control Panel and uninstalled Norton, ... But when I attempted to install EZAntivirus it warned that I ... had Norton Antivirus on the machine and this should be uninstalled first. ... So I decided to run a System Restore, so I'd at least have some antivirus ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan / Adware infection on Windows XP Pro computer
    ... > can install on the infectedcomputer so that I don't have to contect to ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... - Roll back the clock with System Restore ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...