Re: Live messenger stopped working after SP2 install

"Enigma_lh" <larshvst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0E9AF18A-B802-4B73-AB6E-9833B4941EA1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Messenger doesn't run after SP2 was installed so I uninstalled the complete
Live package restarted and tried to reinstall , but get the message
Couldn' install application and unknown error. 0x80007ee6 Try later I
tried later, I restarted Vista and tried again but no change still the
same.Somebody who knows what the heck this is?
--
Lars

OK, try this...

Delete C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Run SFC /SCANNOW

If it comes up with components it could not fix...

Copy CBS.log and open CBS - Copy.log

Go and look for "Beginning Verify and Repair" and copy/paste from there to
the end of the file.

Then post it here and we can see what's going on.

  • Re: WSUS Client not yet reported
    ... You tried to install R2 as a user that is not the built-in ... The monitoring component on SBS server was corrupted. ... Step 3: Reinstall SBS monitoring component: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: I want to re-install Internet Explorer 6 on XP
    ... I've even tried to re-install Windows XP but my computer won't ... A reinstall over the existing install can cause ... >> How do I repair Internet Explorer in Windows® XP? ... >> Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu. ...
  • Re: Add/Remove in Xp Pro
    ... A reinstall will work, but it is a lot of trouble. ... If fairly complex apps or a suite of apps was installed ... fix....bigger than backing up and doing a fresh install. ... It creates a huge number of registry entries and installs files in multiple locations on the C: drive, including a number of locations in Program Files, and in Program Files\Common Files, and in Windows' system folders, and other locations. ...
  • Re: Help Reinstalling Windows XP
    ... first thing I would do with it would be to reinstall the operating ... never be necessary to reinstall Windows. ... do any real troubleshooting (a skill that most of them obviously don't ... about 15-20 minutes if you install it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Add/Remove in Xp Pro
    ... reinstall XP for issues that are easy to understand with a little ...  It is no big deal to fix it. ...  If fairly complex apps or a suite of apps was installed ... Office-type suites and other programs that install files all over the C: ...