Messengers cannot log in

Hi, I'm using Windows Vista Home x64bit and for some reason my instant
messengers will not log in at all.
This all started the other day, when i turned on my computer, i tried
to log into Digsby and it just launched in Local Mode, which means it
was not able to connect to the server.
Thinking this was a Digsby problem I downloaded and installed Trillian,
same problem: won't connect at all.
At this point I hooked up my computer directly to the internet,
bypassing the modem, same problem occurs. I fiddled with the firewall
and security programs, etc, same result.
I can connect to the internet just fine, as well as logging on using
Meebo.com.

Anyone have any idea as to what is going on? I'm totally stumped.

--
RamRodd
.