Re: Vista SP2 install problems

"Dracher" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:089b0893cf91bb1d21ffc6be3a2938e2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Urban;1053960 Wrote:
I had the same problem initially with a download from an "unauthorized"
web
site (lessen here for everyone).

When I downloaded it from Microsoft I had no such problem. I also used
the
Microsoft File Transfer Manager which checks the download for
competency
when the download has completed.

I didn't download the file though, it was sent through my windows
update.

--
Dracher

For large downloads like that I recommend you install a download manager program and redownload the SP2 installer from Microsoft Downloads. The download manager is more or less a set and forget solution that can take care of restarting interrupted file transfers and verify that the downloaded file is uncorrupted. The downloaded file can be burned to CD in case it is needed again in future.

.