Re: Vista SP2 install problems

"Dracher" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:089b0893cf91bb1d21ffc6be3a2938e2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Urban;1053960 Wrote:
I had the same problem initially with a download from an "unauthorized"
web
site (lessen here for everyone).

When I downloaded it from Microsoft I had no such problem. I also used
the
Microsoft File Transfer Manager which checks the download for
competency
when the download has completed.

I didn't download the file though, it was sent through my windows
update.

--
Dracher

For large downloads like that I recommend you install a download manager program and redownload the SP2 installer from Microsoft Downloads. The download manager is more or less a set and forget solution that can take care of restarting interrupted file transfers and verify that the downloaded file is uncorrupted. The downloaded file can be burned to CD in case it is needed again in future.

  • Re: Microsoft File Transfer Manager
    ... Falls Dein XP SP2 auf aktuellem Stand ist hast Du den fuer Microsoft Update ... Kit Tools oder dem BITS Software Development Kit) und erzeuge mit dem einen ... PS: Wenn Du unbedingt einen Download Manager benutzen willst: Sourceforge ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • RE: Microsoft File manager
    ... Actually its called "File Transfer Control". ... "Ohan Armoudian" wrote: ... I am trying to download from Microsoft sight, and every time I try to ... download I get an error asking me to install the Microsoft File Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Meaning of download
    ... > "Steve N." ... >>>>This term is often misused to mean any file transfer between ... since the most important aspect of a download ... >>> But there's another misuse of the term that's becoming much more ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Firewall (XP Pro/SP2)
    ... I downloaded some files this A.M. even without Firefox being ... I have no clue about the "File Transfer Program". ... When you download a file from a web browser, you initiate the ... What the "File Transfer Program" you see in the exception list is: FTP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Errors
    ... There are three CDs which combined together and it was made into ... extractor:CRC should be to number 2 file transfer error.i ... change the configuration ... you can download it again on the ...