Windows Vista (32) Unable to update

Hi!

My Windows Vista is not able to update automatically or manually. The task bar displays the message Windows is unable to update. Manually pressing the Windows Updates results only in a quick flash of the Update screen; no action.

A posting in this Forum suggested deleting the Windows Update key by going to regedit>HMKEY Load Machine>Software>Policies>Microsoft>Windows>Windows Update
My Vista does not currently have the Windows Update key in the above described location, so this instruction did not help.

Please help! Thank you!

  • Re: Update Error Code 800B0100 P.P.S.
    ... I did find it, but when I tried to turn it on, a choice of accounts showed Administrator, and asked for a password, which I never had or used. ... I got a message that: "Your account has been disabled. ... I tried now to follow the instructions in your link about Some Windows Vista Functions May Not Work---. ... You need to format the HD, reinstall the O/S, practice safehex as much as possible and try not to install non Vista compliant software on the machine, which all of it could have created the condition you have at this moment, if you ever want Windows Updates to work again. ...
  • Re: error 80070424 windows update VISTA
    ... I doubt whether SubInACL works in Vista. ... difficulty getting Windows Updates on Vista except I am getting error code 80070490. ... Windows Update history shows that all Microsoft Updates ARE being downloaded and installed automatically. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vista in reboot loop after installing update
    ... I'm happy to say that my image creation/restore software is reliable, which is more then I can say for Windows Updates at the moment. ... It is not a good idea to install Vista SP1 manually unless and until it's offered by Windows Update. ... repair option with the Vista DVD and post back. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Vista Sleeps ... Forever!
    ... So I leave my computer for the night, and it seemingly goes to sleep/hybernation but the numlock still goes off and on and it sounds like it's still running, there's just no display to the screen. ... I've done all the windows updates, I got excited because there was a bios update that said fixes resuming problem .. ... which when I start up again it says vista wasn't shutdown properly. ...
  • Re: Downlaod Vista updates Locally
    ... |>> How can i downlaod the vista updates locally for put in an Offline ... |> Getting full windows updates has not changed. ... |> You can see the critical patches released for a given ... |> Shenan Stanley ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)