Re: Vista SP2 install problems

Sadly some of your SP2 download may be corrupted but problems with SP2 itself cannot be excluded.
If you get to stage 3 the problem is not likely due to anything running on your computer.
SP2 is a typical Microsoft product: works for many/most users but not all and does not work as advertised for many if not most users. Nothing new in any of that.
On a new dual core laptop with all the bells and whistles I had no problem installing but had great difficulty with Blue Tooth (supposedly "improved" in SP2), even slower than usual disc performance and problems with shutting down the unit. Several reboots and retries got Bluetooth working and the unit seems to shut down. Performance still seems slower.
SP2 is not a must have at this point.

  • Re: Several problems after installing SP2
    ... Many people have complained about the slower boot up after SP2, ... noticed it is slower on all of my systems installed SP2, ... Common missing icons are power, mouse, and others. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: New computer, running slower and slower with SP2 - any ideas?!?!
    ... When you install SP2 two conditions result - First the drive is heavily ... SO does this sound like a memory problem? ... SP1) and computer "2" is slower since I put Service Pack 2 on it. ... There are any number of tests that can be used to benchmark different ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • SP2 Slowed My Boot Up Time
    ... Me too and I am clean as a whistle with tons of power. ... additional at-run-time progrmas included with SP2 surely ... >time is much slower. ... Until SP2 came ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Slow Internet Download with new system & Windows XP SP2
    ... I've just purchased a brand new ultra fast DELL XPS with Windows XP SP2 ... It is directly connected to my router. ... My five year old slower ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Security aside, is SP2 BETTER?