Re: Vista SP2 install problems
- From: "botox" <fac_187@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:10:45 -0700
Sadly some of your SP2 download may be corrupted but problems with SP2 itself cannot be excluded.
If you get to stage 3 the problem is not likely due to anything running on your computer.
SP2 is a typical Microsoft product: works for many/most users but not all and does not work as advertised for many if not most users. Nothing new in any of that.
On a new dual core laptop with all the bells and whistles I had no problem installing but had great difficulty with Blue Tooth (supposedly "improved" in SP2), even slower than usual disc performance and problems with shutting down the unit. Several reboots and retries got Bluetooth working and the unit seems to shut down. Performance still seems slower.
SP2 is not a must have at this point.
- Prev by Date: Re: Deleted important files and can't do clean re-install
- Next by Date: Re: Installation Server Not Responding
- Previous by thread: Re: Vista SP2 install problems
- Next by thread: Re: Vista SP2 install problems