Re: Vista SP2 install problems
- From: "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 01:39:24 -0400
I had the same problem initially with a download from an "unauthorized" web site (lessen here for everyone).
When I downloaded it from Microsoft I had no such problem. I also used the Microsoft File Transfer Manager which checks the download for competency when the download has completed.
"Dracher" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2702e89bc6c4c1a34ca8e45799bca706@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First off let me say that I'm in a very rural area that only has dialup
so downloading an update of this size took me about 17 hours.
I downloaded the SP2 using the Updates and yet when I try to install it
I get to "3 of 3" and gets to 100% but then stops there for a couple
minutes and then gives me a message of:
Service Pack Did Not Install. Reverting Changes
I'm currently running Vista Home Basic with SP1.
- Prev by Date: Installing Apache
- Next by Date: Re: Live messenger stopped working after SP2 install
- Previous by thread: Installing Apache
- Next by thread: Re: Vista SP2 install problems