Re: Vista SP2 install problems

I had the same problem initially with a download from an "unauthorized" web site (lessen here for everyone).

When I downloaded it from Microsoft I had no such problem. I also used the Microsoft File Transfer Manager which checks the download for competency when the download has completed.

"Dracher" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2702e89bc6c4c1a34ca8e45799bca706@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First off let me say that I'm in a very rural area that only has dialup
so downloading an update of this size took me about 17 hours.

I downloaded the SP2 using the Updates and yet when I try to install it
I get to "3 of 3" and gets to 100% but then stops there for a couple
minutes and then gives me a message of:

Service Pack Did Not Install. Reverting Changes

I'm currently running Vista Home Basic with SP1.

--
Dracher

  • Re: spyware not working
    ... You cannot really "download from a disc" - you could install. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... More full function applications for CD/DVD burning would be: ...
    ... Microsoft Office Professional Free Download ... Microsoft Products Updates Computer Download Software ...
    (sci.geo.petroleum)
  • Re: Trojan / Adware infection on Windows XP Pro computer
    ... > can install on the infectedcomputer so that I don't have to contect to ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... - Roll back the clock with System Restore ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • MICROSOFT DOWNLOAD
    ... Download Microsoft Word ... Microsoft Word Free Trial Download ... Free Download Of Microsoft Powerpoint ... Download Microsoft Office For Free ...
    (sci.engr.civil)
  • Re: As I use Internet Explorer I get this pop up-
    ... Download and install the Flash Player and Shockwave Players from the sites I ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ...