Re: Language Packs Dissapear After Installing Vista SP2

"Scott Pessognelli" <scottpessognelli@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e8EF7n$yJHA.4800@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CH,

I can't download them if they don't show up in Windows Update. They are limited to the Ultimate Edition of Vista, and aren't readily available on Microsoft's website. Your link is for SP1; I already have that. In fact, when I revert to SP1 the links reappear on Windows Update -- it's just happens when I SP2 have installed.

Hi Scott--

I understand that. I tried as hard as I could to find any updated langauge packs. I have seen links for beta packs for Windows 7 while I was looking for you. If I were you at this point, I would try to talk to the people at MSFT who have the best knowledge on what's going on in terms of updating language packs.

If you sign into this Language Team Blog here, you can post and ask your questions directly to them. Usually they'll respond to you and since I can't find what you are asking for, I'm hopeful they can give you an answer:

Microsoft Terminology (and Language) Team Blog
http://blogs.technet.com/terminology/default.aspx

Good luck,

CH

  • Re: Windows Update fails with Error 0x80072EE4
    ... To check the language setting in Internet Explorer: ... The foregoing is taken from the Windows Update Troubleshooter page. ... Following is only a basic first-pass checklist of settings for Internet Explorer browser, tailored for smoother entry into Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update fails with Error 0x80072EE4
    ... The error is caused by SSL. ... To check the language setting in Internet Explorer: ... The foregoing is taken from the Windows Update Troubleshooter page. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update fails with Error 0x80072EE4
    ... To check the language setting in Internet Explorer: ... The foregoing is taken from the Windows Update Troubleshooter page. ... Following is only a basic first-pass checklist of settings for Internet Explorer browser, tailored for smoother entry into Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: XP Slowdown - 811493
    ... Look for "When attempting to access the Windows Update Web site you ... Set a language in Internet Explorer: ... Click "Tools" and then select "Internet Options". ...
  • Re: Fixing windows update
    ... Verify that your computer's date and time are accurate and that the Internet ... To check the language setting in Internet Explorer: ... WINUP-Third-Party Products That Conflict with Windows Update ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)