Re: Installing Windows Vista in English from Windows Vista French

Hi,

The disks are language-specific so if you want English, you need an English disk.

Bruce's quoted comment is basically a question of what would have led someone to think they could install in English from a French disk when this has never ever been the case.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"sunnierstudent" <sunnierstudent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3A832631-B78F-42A7-9818-ABD2E0BC96D3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't understand. What do you mean? And why can't I?

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

sunnierstudent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in France. I am planning to buy a ACER desktop from an online > vendor.
> It will come with a Windows Vista French edition pre-installed and they > will
> give me the French Windows Vista CD.
>
> Can I later install the Windows Vista in English from this French > Windows
> Vista CD?

No, of course not. To quote Charles Babbage, "I am not able to rightly
apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a
question."

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

  • Re: French to English swap
    ... French, ... previous owner wisely wiped the disk. ... Can I install an English version and use the license from his ... That also means that *if* the key was interchangeable - you would need a plain-jane OEM english CD available to you in order to make this happen - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • PowerBook 520 help!
    ... os in the french language. ... french, but would rather have it in english. ... My questions would be how can I switch the os to english? ... I tried booting up with the install me first disk, ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • PowerBook 520
    ... os in the french language. ... french, but would rather have it in english. ... My questions would be how can I switch the os to english? ... I tried booting up with the install me first disk, ...
    (comp.sys.apple2.usergroups)
  • Re: French to English swap
    ... French, ... previous owner wisely wiped the disk. ... Can I install an English version and use the license from his ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • We need Language Exchange Partners, we can teach you French
    ... We can teach you French in exchange. ... Dalesa Dalima, 24 years old, France ... I want to learn: English ... Je suis une fille très dynamique, ...
    (soc.culture.quebec)