Re: Installing Windows Vista in English from Windows Vista French

Hi,

The disks are language-specific so if you want English, you need an English disk.

Bruce's quoted comment is basically a question of what would have led someone to think they could install in English from a French disk when this has never ever been the case.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"sunnierstudent" <sunnierstudent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3A832631-B78F-42A7-9818-ABD2E0BC96D3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't understand. What do you mean? And why can't I?

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

sunnierstudent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in France. I am planning to buy a ACER desktop from an online > vendor.
> It will come with a Windows Vista French edition pre-installed and they > will
> give me the French Windows Vista CD.
>
> Can I later install the Windows Vista in English from this French > Windows
> Vista CD?

No, of course not. To quote Charles Babbage, "I am not able to rightly
apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a
question."

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: