Re: Problem Installing Vista to a New Harddrive

The problem for us is that you didn't make your post as a reply within the thread of the original poster, or else the post you are replying to was not made in this newsgroup (microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup), which leaves your own post hanging alone in amongst hundreds of other posts. Possibly the original message is in a forum somewhere, which is not going to be seen by anyone in this newsgroup.

I've got 839 newsgroup messages downloaded to my reader and not one is from anyone called jynapathy. There's no way to check back what the actual details of the problem were are unless you yourself quote the original posts you are replying to. Quoting a good policy to follow in forums as well.

"caesar" <caesar.3on1od@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:caesar.3on1od@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i'm Referring to the opening post ande the problem mentioned by
jynapathy. i'm pretty much convinced that it's a problem related tot the
laptop, disk, vista combination....

Pauli Taglia;1188810 Wrote:
Mick Murphy <MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>We don't know what the problem is.
>Include the post that you are replying to.
>
>And, include YOUR error messages.
>--
>Mad Mike

Are you "jynapathy"?

>"caesar" wrote:
>

>> i'm having excactly the same problem. same laptop, same specs, same
>> symtoms, same new drive......
>> Did you already find a solution jynapathy???
>>

>> --
>> caesar

caesar

  • Re: Free to good home: EM plastics
    ... I'm replying here now only because you posted here. ... As perspective to others reading this, Scott offered last week some ... A few days after he posted, I saw the posting (I get to the newsgroup ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Sony Fm-Am receiver, Str-D615
    ... The guy didn't even quote what he was replying to, and didn't even format things properly, so it looked like a first post in a thread rather than a ... I doubt he realized the message was old, but I suspect wishful thinking is why he replied, hoping to get that front panel he needs. ... It boggles my mind that people think there's value in replying to old messages, when they aren't even in the right place. ... Some of the regulars disappeared long enough ago that I just assume their lives changed and they had less time for the newsgroup. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Outlook Express help??
    ... > a message frame with a copy of the post I'm replying to. ... > The sender might be a friend from a newsgroup that I read ... > something that is OT for the newsgroup. ... > Any other ideas, Bruce? ...
  • Re: times today and sunblock
    ... You posted your reply above the point to which you were replying which is generally considered to be bad form in usenet. ... It just refers to writing the reply above the point to which you are replying rather than after the point so that it appears in context, it is nothing to do with starting a new thread. ... reach everyone who is in a newsgroup. ... We did discuss how to explain it better but that was the best we could come up with at the time however the following humorous quote may help to explain it better than I can. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: i just cant do it... can you
    ... But they likely won't thank you for posting attachments in a text only newsgroup ... Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ... "Caesar" wrote in message ... >>> closer to jumping out my window. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)