Re: Vista stalls and reboots at expanding files prompt

I ran diagnostics on both the hard drive and memory but both came back
fine.
I tried a different Power supply so I'm suspecting the motherboard. Its
an ECS 945P M3 but if the GFX card cooked, it could have done the same
to the board.

--
fyremoon

  • Re: Vista stalls and reboots at expanding files prompt
    ... I ran diagnostics on both the hard drive and memory but both came back ... I tried a different Power supply so I'm suspecting the motherboard. ...
  • Re: Wont boot.
    ... If I did not mention it, download diagnostics for devices that can ... memory heated by a hairdryer on high heat - the ideal temperature to ... Then look for what in that suspect system is defective (ie ... Motherboard failure was really an excessively low battery. ...
  • Re: Is there a guide to upgrading options?
    ... >it will cost to upgrade my system. ... - Video card. ... the cheapest 2 x 256MB memory pack with a brand name and warranty. ... Since the motherboard I selected has dual-channel memory it is best to ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
  • Re: AMD : Phenom vs Opteron ; or then Intel ?
    ... I am going to buy a new database server which will have to work ... support registered memory and Opterons do. ... dual socket motherboards on the desktop, ... server motherboard, try this Tyan datasheet. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Computer totally freezing after a few min
    ... problem with the motherboard or the power supply itself, ... If heat isn't the issue, then I'd be willin to bet it's your memory, ... down and fuckin Staples. ... "Freedom, true freedom, is nothing more than intellectual advantage over others." ...
    (alt.2600)