Vista x64 MSDNAA install

I've been trying to install Vista Business x64 which I got from MSDNAA,
however when the DVD won't boot from my PC.

My PC stats are:
*'GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel
Motherboard'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128347)
* *'SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI
Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801)
**'OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready
CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341019)
**'Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core
Processor Model BX80570E8400'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037)
**'G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 900(PC2 7200)
Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-7200CL4D-4GBPI-B'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231211)
* *'Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA
3.0Gb/s Hard Drive'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284)
**'XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003)

And a DVD Drive that I pulled from an old PC of mine (came off of my
old Dell Dimension 3000)

The DVD when burned with ImgBurn will boot fine on any PC with an OS on
it, but it refuses to boot from this PC for some reason, and I can't
figure out why. I've set it to boot first from CD/DVD, but when it goes
to read from it, it just hangs and then restarts the DVD.
*

--
Pyrofyr

  • Re: Boot Problem
    ... I had originally set it up with the CD burner as master and the DVD ... see a red X next to something, but it either won't boot or works perfectly. ... On reboot, BIOS screens all run normally, then there is a 50/50 ...
  • P5E3 Deluxe WiFi/AP: Cant Find SATA Boot Device Error
    ... when trying to boot to a WIndows Vista 32-bit ... The DVD drive is set as ... The installation program then stated ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: DVD Drive does not boot W7 DVD- Supplimental
    ... the drive the boot gets to "CD ROM Boot Priority....Boot Ready_" but ... The DVD boots on 2 other computers (you get to the "Press any key to ... Anyone out there install W7 on a P6T with a SATA DVD drive? ... you did say "Upgrade DVD". ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • OT- Odd Linux/Acronis behavior on laptop
    ... When doing a system drive backup I always boot the Acronis DVD, which is Linux based, and image the drive w/o the OS running. ... When it finished and I go to exit, it does not boot back into Windows as the desktops do. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: DVD Drive does not boot W7 DVD- Supplimental
    ... the drive the boot gets to "CD ROM Boot Priority....Boot Ready_" but ... The DVD boots on 2 other computers (you get to the "Press any key to ... I would think, if you can read the media while in WinXP, maybe it ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)