Re: monitor no signal

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ODMPE9mbJHA.1704@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

The video card in the drive tower may have been jarred loose in transport.
I would open the case and reseat it.

Caution!

Opening the case might void the warrantly.

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jorgerenner" <jorgerenner.3lhnbb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi,

I just bought a new Desktop with vista operational system.

It was in display in the store, apparently running fine. I bought the
pc and they put in the box.

At home, I installed my monitor, mouse and keyboard.

When I turn on the new PC, I just can see a black screen in the
monitor. Anything else appears at any moment. I have tried with 3
different monitors and the same problem happens.

Is anything missing in my setup?

Many thanks,
Jorge

--
jorgerenner
jorgerenner's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jorgerenner.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Online Gaming - system upgrade? Or is my internet speed the proble
    ... reluctant to as we just bought a new PC last year, ... It only has a PCI slot for video card upgrade, ... old cheap VGA monitor, ... the guy didn't even know what an AGP slot was! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Online Gaming - system upgrade? Or is my internet speed the probl
    ... reluctant to as we just bought a new PC last year, ... It only has a PCI slot for video card upgrade, ... old cheap VGA monitor, ... the guy didn't even know what an AGP slot was! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Book on Pre-MATH for cryptography and cryptanalysis. Reply
    ... caution and Edith will shed you! ... Never monitor a enquiry! ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Vendor refuses to exchange shoddy goods
    ... Perhaps you haven't bought much stuff at computer fairs. ... A monitor is intended to display images, and a prominent white dot near the middle of the screen superimposed on everything it displays is not part of the image, and therefore a fault. ... I'd never heard of this ISO standard until somebody mentioned it here, and the notion of selling "class 2" goods as new is a novel one to me. ... But you are right - I haven't bought much at Computer Fairs. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Why I Like Apple Products, continued
    ... I bought one of the first IBM PC's sold to consumers in our area, ... Addendum...bought my first IBM PC in 1982, apparently, a few months ... Didn't buy overpriced monochrome PC monitor. ... it just wasn't good enough and I required 10 mb hard drives, ...
    (rec.boats)