Define hardware change

Hi,

I have Vista Ultimate, I understand you can only load the OS on a certain number of machines (Perhaps 2?) If I change/upgrade my hardware what constitutes a "new" machine? I'd like to add another DVD burner & add more memory. Would this constitute a significant enough of a change? Or even upgradding the CPU?

Steven

  • questions on scalability
    ... Primepower 250 machines. ... equipment, because of the costs, but to be able to upgrade the equipment ... as the load becomes stronger. ... How can we define the load with respect to hardware requirements? ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: [KORG] Re: kernel.org lies about latest -mm kernel
    ... curious what you would consider the real problem after you see the ... on the frontend machines our basic working set no longer stays resident ... a much higher I/O load. ... We have contacted HP to see if we can get additional hardware, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: OT: my new PC rocks!!
    ... "hardware mix and match" for home users, where they could slot in any ... that with the PC's delibrately "loose" architecture then machines ... slowness of Windows software to cater for something that no-one seems ... The only advatange of Microsoft stuff; The installs tend to be less ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Need tutorials, guides... However...
    ... performance loss you'll get from an OS like Windows or Linux. ... machines out there have gone off in many different directions. ... expect to find certain hardware at certain addressess. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: [help] 1 cpu to rule them all
    ... >> configuration and maintenance in one place is a lot more economical than ... it isn't the price of the hardware that makes it ... > You can make things easier by having lots of machines that are virtually ... > directories) on servers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)