Vista Install Won't Recognize Hard Drives

I am having a very hard time installing Vista Home Premium to a new hard drive -- I have tried on three different SATA hard drives. For example, although my BIOS recognizes the drive (a 500 GB Maxtor), Vista's install program says: "Windows is uanble to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation" and "This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure tht the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." I had no trouble previously installing Vista on this computer on a different SATA 500 GB drive. In fact the previous installation was a breeze. I formatted each of the new drives in Vista before swapping them in for installtion. Anyone have an idea what is going on?

  • Re: What?
    ... Try installing the game on another ... >if the game installs, the culprit is probably your CD ... > How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is ... Update the drivers for your sound and video cards. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Only boots into safe mode
    ... I have tried three different, working, hard drives ... machine and runs Vista Ultimate 32bit. ... installing a commercial version of Vista which was unsuccessful. ...
  • Re: What?
    ... Try installing the game on another computer, ... How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at: ... | It wont open any windows! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: SP2 Very Very bad for me
    ... corruption, I can restore my complete system as it was on the last image, ... Hard drives ... I did do the following just prior to installing XP: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: E520 ands BIOS HD Setting
    ... I can't prevent a RAID setup using the two disks independantly? ... made a "Y" adapter cable to run from the older style power plug which is ... disks of different sizes could be used in a raid configuration, but there may be some wasted space as the the size of the smaller size will dictate the maximum usable size of all the drives in the raid. ... You can find drive installation instructions in the manual under 'removing and installing parts'... ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)