Re: Moving default data folders to another partition

ellarjee <ellarjee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for trying, Richie. I don't mind your straightforward comments.

A couple of answers to your comments:

I only tried opening the funny Contacts-like folder AFTER I'd moved it.
It's reasonable to try and open a folder to see what happens.
As to my last point, I should have made it clearer that when I tried to move
Videos I specified the Data Drive F: and that was the drive confirmed back to
me in the Move To New Location window. But when I clicked to proceed I got
the strange message that the Video folder would be redirected into the
Contacts folder.

I suspect that "Contacts" is also on "F".

HINT: you somehow selected the Contacts folder, rather than "F". Look
at the bottom of the window where it says "Folder" when moving. It
will tell you where you have chosen to move to. If you have
accidentally chosen a different folder, change it.

NOW I'm outta here (for real).

I know this sounds as though I'm screwing it up, but all I am doing is
following your original instructions to the letter and on a new Vista
installation without anything else to complicate things.
Yes, I agree that it's difficult for anyone to help me further. I've
appreciated your trying to do so.

Richie Hardwick

  • Re: Seems to be some differences in the BDE DCUs shipped with D2006
    ... Then I have my external disk (via USB) with 5000+ mp3s and the backup of my work drive plus my self made videos. ... Alone the video folder is about 69 GB. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Mpeg video folder crash
    ... Even before this move and re-orginizing I have had my video folder, ... Description of the Disk Cleanup ... Tool in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: Redirecting Vista Video Folder
    ... You want to move the video folder to another local drive on the clients. ... Please understand that the folder redirection through the group policy is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Redirecting Vista Video Folder
    ... You want to move the video folder to another local drive on the clients. ... Please understand that the folder redirection through the group policy is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: multiple video files in multiple directories
    ... As long as the folder is served by WMS then any multimedia file access ... I created an on-demand publishing point. ... Pointed it to the video folder, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)