Re: Keeping Vista and XP "invisble" to each other

Nope, sorry :o... completely forgot to add the link!

Here it is, this is a guide to add vista to your already XP OS. they
also have a guide for those who already have Vista installed and want to
add XP for dual booting.

*How to dual boot XP with Vista... with XP already installed.*
'How to dual-boot Vista with XP (with XP installed first) -
step-by-step guide with screenshots'
(http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista_with_xp__stepbystep_guide_with_screenshots.htm)

*How to dual boot XP with Vista... with Vista already installed.*
'How to dual boot Vista and XP (with Vista installed first) -- the
step-by-step guide with screenshots'
(http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm)

--
AstaLaVista

  • Re: Vista Media Center worst bug
    ... There are many users on the Net that complain about Vista waking up in the dead of the night, but they simply don't know it's MC. ... Do you have Vista HP with TV Guide activated on the laptop? ... About re-suspending, yes, it is another problem, sometimes go sleep after 5 mins, some others won't go sleep for more than half an hour but here depends also what other services automatically starts after wake up etc. etc. ... "Curious" ha scritto nel messaggio ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vista Media Center worst bug
    ... Waking up for a download once a day has been *by design* a feature in Media Center for six years., it is nothing new to Vista. ... Several of the early 3rd party plug-in for XP MCE had tweaks to change the time of the update and I believe at least one is available for Vista. ... I will set up the guide on my HP laptop and see if it suspends after the download, but it may be a week or so before I can try that and report back. ... About re-suspending, yes, it is another problem, sometimes go sleep after 5 mins, some others won't go sleep for more than half an hour but here depends also what other services automatically starts after wake up etc. etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Media Center Crashes on Vista Ultimate - Bug
    ... Have you tried deleting the xbox 360 connection on the xbox 360, then delete the user files for mcx1. ... reinstall vista. ... Anytime the guide is accessed or used (changing channels or just ... one, no joy still crashes, I did notice I can access the guide fine with MCE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Trial Expiration
    ... As a workaround you can also turn back you system clock, however, your guide ... for the release of Vista before installing? ... They've gone next dore to watch tele. ... have to wait until Vista is released. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vista Media Center worst bug
    ... Downloading the guide automatically is not new new to Vista, it worked the same way in XP MCE. ... However, as many people don't seem to have this problem, it obviously is more than a "bug" in Vista or everyone would have the issue. ... The main problem seems to have more to do with your system not re-suspending after the wake up, as it is waking as it should. ... "My desktop *does wake itself up to download the guide daily*, but it goes right back to sleep when finished.." ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)