Re: Failed Vista install prevents dual boot

Hi,

Open an elevated command prompt, run:

bcdedit /enum

and then copy/paste the results into a response.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"garyk" <garyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:72766CB4-A4AF-412A-93F2-AAE99117A4DA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tried installing Vista Prem. on a blank partition on my hard drive, the
drive already has xp pro running on C:
The install failed at 27% into the install process with a file error.
I installed a new blank drive in the computer and tried reinstalling Vista
on the new drive by itself. The install went completed, ran thru the setup
and customization, personalization processes and on the final reboot ran fine
giving me the dual boot option to get back to XP.
I shut down for the day and when I restarted the computer the dual boot menu
reverted to Vista Installation and repeats the original failed setup that
stops at 27% so I cannot reach the good installation that ran on the new
drive yestrerday.

How do I get Vista to stop seeing the failed partial setup and reflect the
good installation in the dual boot menu?

Appreciate any suggestions.

gary

  • Re: Vista SP2 Install Problems (Extended)
    ... I have a setup similar to a number of threads I've read here: ... Multi-OS Setup Vista Ultimate, XP Pro, Fedora, Suse ... I've attempted to install SP2 many times with no luck. ... and it gets to the repair or install screen I click on repair. ...
  • Re: Vista SP2 Install Problems (Extended)
    ... I have a setup similar to a number of threads I've read here: ... Multi-OS Setup Vista Ultimate, XP Pro, Fedora, Suse ... I've attempted to install SP2 many times with no luck. ... and it gets to the repair or install screen I click on repair. ...
  • Installing XP-Pro
    ... I've got a Compaq C751NR laptop on which I'm trying to install XP-Pro ... Following instructions from the web, I used Vista to create a new, ... Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Windows Installer does not install any files
    ... I am trying to install a VS2005 Windows Forms .Net project on a 64-bit Windows Server using Setup2.msi Setup.exe generated by Setup and Deployment project for a 64-bit operating system. ... The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.setup)
  • Re: Continual Error 1321 Trying to Install Office 2003
    ... As to evidence of which app installed wisptis, I suppose you'd have to set ... 2003 sure wants to install it and stalls when it can't because the progress ... Is there any way in the world to get into setup with some custom tool from ... *My Lack of MSFT Support Rant and View Hex Error Messages Do Nothing for the ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)