Re: 32 bit installs but not 64 bit

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <Darrellg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:S9Rbjv5FJHA.1640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Curious,
You actually can install 64-bit from with-in a 32-bit version of Windows.
The 32-bit setup.exe as well as the 32-bit Boot.wim(WinPE) can be used to
setup 64-bit Windows.
There are deployment scenarios where this is required, so if you replace
those you could do it.
32-bit setup.exe supports installing 64-bit Windows ( x64 bit Windows not
Itanium of course)

Clean install only of course.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

You cannot install 64 bit Vista from 32 bit Vista or XP. It will give an
error message to that effect, and the installation will terminate.

  • Re: upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis
    ... "How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media ... When I began inquiring into various Windows Vista installation options late last year, Microsoft and its representative grew quiet and seemed to begin selectively answering my questions. ...
  • clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... i want to club the windows vista and windows server 2008 in a single bootable ... Vista DVD? ... can you build a custom Vista install DVD that doesn’t ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ...
  • Re: Format again
    ... specs to see if it can handle Vista. ... and I want to reformat my hard disk and re-install Windows XP ... and update it with a Vista upgrade which my good lady brought ... Instead of performing a clean install of XP, ...
  • Re: Windows Installer does not install any files
    ... I am trying to install a VS2005 Windows Forms .Net project on a 64-bit Windows Server using Setup2.msi Setup.exe generated by Setup and Deployment project for a 64-bit operating system. ... The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.setup)
  • Re: I cant install critical updates
    ... I resolved error message problem from Vista Security Center by uninstalling and reinstalling Antivir. ... How it comes I can't either manage to install manually failing updates? ... Be sure to obtain the correct version for Windows x86. ... Windows Update Agent File Versions: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)