Re: Vista x64 Ultimate with integrated SP1 causing much grief! Can anyone help?

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in on this. I have retail Vista 64 bit DVD
(no SP2 embedded)

I had XP on the drive. I booted up with the Vista DVD, Choose the
"clean Install" and del the partition, made a new partition, format
install completed. Then installed SP1 then windows update. This was 9
months ago and things are flawless.

Also I created 2 Vista Images with Vlite ('www.vlite.net'
(http://www.vlite.net)) and slipstream SP1 into the images. Works great.
:)

Raj

--
rajinisback

RAJ :P
*Please give Karma if I helped you fix the issue. Thanks :)*

  • Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
    ... Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. ... burning at slow speeds increases your chances of getting an accurate DVD. ... When people get BSODS on setup of a new operating system, that merits a check of the usual hardware suspects. ... You won't be able to do an upgrade install from XP, ...
  • Re: Vista Home Basic SP1 no luck
    ... DVD, but with backup/image/restore software on the HD. ... Windows update does not remind me anymore to install SP1, ... have really been stupid to get a Vista machine. ... restoration was some sort of restoration image on the hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: dual boot 32 and 64
    ... You would need two keys to install both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version on the same machine. ... is the same for Ultimate as it is for Home Basic. ... Basic version of Vista. ... If you use the Basic DVD with the Ultimate key, ...
  • RE: Vista SP2 Installation Failed
    ... Or, borrow a Vista DVD, as all versions are on the single DVD. ... I decided to install SP2 for Vista. ... the Windows installation DVD into your computer to begin the reinstallation ...
  • Re: Vista will not install
    ... The original ISO I burned was on this particular drive when Vista originally ... another DVD drive from the same manufacturer as they are made on. ... suggest that you try a non rewritable DVD install image. ...