Re: Vist 64 will not expand files

Make sure your MOBO bios is up to date and try to install from the DVD with only 2GB of memory?
"lobster" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:cf8f4da9d0a8aaa504ac1cb9ba892f22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello , I am trying to install vista 64, without much success for a
couple of days. Every time, it comes to halt at expanding files...0 and
wont budge an inch. I left it overnight and it coughed up an error
code 0x8007045D, can not install reignited(sth like that) files.

I have xp installed on a separate ide disk, however, I unplugged it
when trying to install vista.

motherboard is asus pne sli
intel core2 quad 6600
hard drive maxtor sata STM3500630AS
DVD DRIVE tsst corp cddvdw sh-s202n
4gb memory

I dont think there is a problem with hard or dvd drive. I tried to
install it on ide drive first time round with similar results as above.
I had vista 32 installed on this machine a few moths ago and it went
smooth.Thank you for any answers.

--
lobster

.