Re: Vist 64 will not expand files

Make sure your MOBO bios is up to date and try to install from the DVD with only 2GB of memory?
"lobster" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:cf8f4da9d0a8aaa504ac1cb9ba892f22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello , I am trying to install vista 64, without much success for a
couple of days. Every time, it comes to halt at expanding files...0 and
wont budge an inch. I left it overnight and it coughed up an error
code 0x8007045D, can not install reignited(sth like that) files.

I have xp installed on a separate ide disk, however, I unplugged it
when trying to install vista.

motherboard is asus pne sli
intel core2 quad 6600
hard drive maxtor sata STM3500630AS
DVD DRIVE tsst corp cddvdw sh-s202n
4gb memory

I dont think there is a problem with hard or dvd drive. I tried to
install it on ide drive first time round with similar results as above.
I had vista 32 installed on this machine a few moths ago and it went
smooth.Thank you for any answers.

--
lobster

  • Re: Evo and Exchange
    ... FC3 and an upgrade from FC2 to FC3. ... I started EVO again, ... >> said was unsigned so wouldn't install it however this morning did yum update ... > DVDs are not CDs and you need different programs two write DVDs though DVD ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A little help please!
    ... This so far was the best map to getting DVD media working I am going to ... Also I have the latest libdvdcss2 and libdvdcss2-dev installed. ... sudo aptitude install totem-xine ... Click either free or non-free depending on where the package you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Vista Home Basic SP1 no luck
    ... DVD, but with backup/image/restore software on the HD. ... Windows update does not remind me anymore to install SP1, ... have really been stupid to get a Vista machine. ... restoration was some sort of restoration image on the hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Seeking Help
    ... As far as I am aware, the only REAL and painless way to install Ubuntu from ... a DVD is to buy the DVD from a place such as On-Disk.com (Ric! ... There is a well known and very well respected member of this mail list who has been promoting the idea that people who are having hassles with downloading the necessary files using the internet to buy a DVD - I repeat DVD - from the site I mentioned because it contained *all* the files necessary to install Ubuntu. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 2 Macs: FW Target DM questions
    ... You can put the Intel Mini into target mode and copy data onto its hard ... and install from there or will it only install from a DVD? ... You have to boot from the DVD to do the installation. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)