Re: quick question about windows vista partitioning

With a read only Partition how would Vista update???

"ruslan40" <ruslan40.3eo9zc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ruslan40.3eo9zc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi.

I am new here and hope I am posting in the right place.

I just have a very quick question about installing Windows Vista.

Would the following partition scheme work?
Partition 1: C: , mounted completely read-only to all limited-users
Partition 2: Mounted on C:\users (C:\Documents and Settings) in
read-write mode for all users

Would such a setup work with software such as Microsoft Office, etc?
And would this even be possible in Vista?

It's probably evident that I'm coming from Linux with this; trying to
implement a setup in Windows similar to the way that /home in Linux
usually resides on a separate partition.

Thanks,
Rus.

--
ruslan40