Re: quick question about windows vista partitioning

With a read only Partition how would Vista update???

"ruslan40" <ruslan40.3eo9zc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ruslan40.3eo9zc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am new here and hope I am posting in the right place.

I just have a very quick question about installing Windows Vista.

Would the following partition scheme work?
Partition 1: C: , mounted completely read-only to all limited-users
Partition 2: Mounted on C:\users (C:\Documents and Settings) in
read-write mode for all users

Would such a setup work with software such as Microsoft Office, etc?
And would this even be possible in Vista?

It's probably evident that I'm coming from Linux with this; trying to
implement a setup in Windows similar to the way that /home in Linux
usually resides on a separate partition.

ruslan40's Profile:
View this thread:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I messed up Vista. Wont boot. Windows boot manager error.
    ... I set out to dual boot Linux and Vista on this ... I deleted the recovery partion after I burned the recovery Disks. ... I made a small 750MB partition before Vista where I want to place ...
  • Re: How to fix MBR for Vista
    ... I always partition unused space and install Linux, then verify that everything is working and as a last step update boot sector on the partition for Linux. ... Then I add bcd record so that I could use original Vista boot loader and it's menu to start by default Vista or select Linux. ...
  • Re: kernel
    ... Vista before Linux ... and are looking to install Linux on a second hard drive or partition. ...
  • Re: installing dual/triple boot
    ... my decision to partition the hard drive. ... decided to use this time to also test Linux. ... Are you saying I should install Linux next and THEN Vista? ...
  • Re: Welche Windows-Version?
    ... Home-PC je eine Partition mit SuSe Linux. ... Zu Hause außerdem einen Driver für RW-Zugriff auf ext2. ... Ich verwende nur das Tool explore2fs um auf ext3 mit LVM zuzugreifen und unter Linux ntfs-3g um auf Windows zuzugreifen. ... In der Firma wird Vista sicher nicht eingesetzt. ...