RE: Auto update hasn't installed SP1

There is normally a reason, like a non-compatible Driver, etc, as to why it
is not being offered in WU
For 64bit, it is 125MB through WU
The 5 language standalone download is over 700MBs for 64bit
They work OK in 32bit, the 5 language standalone(430 odd MBs), from my
experience.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=874A414B-32B2-41CC-BD8B-D71EDA5EC07C&displaylang=en

That is the link to go for.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Ron O'Brien" wrote:

I've had Vista ultimate 64bit installed on a new built PC for just over a
week, auto up-dates set to update at noon each day. Just checked to discover
SP1 is not installed. When I go to Windows update I am told there are 34
updates available but they are all different languages - no SP1 mentioned.

How can I force it?

--
Ron

  • Re: OT: Update on the Debra LaFave discussion
    ... What part of 'she had permission from the court to work there and the court knew that minors also worked there' are you having a problem understanding? ... She may have been given permission to work there, but that would have been with the understanding that she would still not be allowed to have unsupervised contact with minors. ... In fact, I would bet it's just the opposite; the court assumed that in a place of employment such as this, there would always be supervision so there would not be a reason for any changes to the terms of her probation. ... Ron explained that the terms of the probation prohibited "unsupervised contact" with minors, and according to Ron, she did not violate those terms, even though she did have personal conversations with a 17yo coworker at work. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: Setting the record straight about a _Science_ article on mammal evolution
    ... Science and technology reporter, BBC ... I'm not referring to Ron O's definition of "placental" ... laying and placentals if I had read the part about marsupials. ... Give me one good reason why you wrote what you did about the article ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Dumbledore asked Snape to kill him
    ... planned to have himself murdered for no particular reason, ... Ron did not only marginally improve Harry and hermione's chances. ... resulted in his needing Snape to kill him. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • RE: formulas spanning overlapping years
    ... display the aging of the $amount due. ... "Ron Coderre" wrote: ... > Hi, Peter ... >> reason, the formula doesn't seem to work over the 2005-2006 window though. ...
  • Re: Can Ron Paul get traction?
    ... equivilant of electing the Kardashians for some bizarre reason. ... There is always that chance, however, I'm quite certain reality has ... RON Paul's ideas need to be discussed rather than dismissed.. ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)