Re: Can I go back to XP?

Instance;816741 Wrote:
Hi, I bought a PC from Dell about six months ago, a Dimension 9200C with
Vista Home Edition. Now, I was hoping to go back to XP but one of my
friends says it probally wouldn't work due it coming already with Vista.
I read something how it depends, well I was hoping if anyknew how I
could find out if this would work? Do I just use my old XP disk and see
what happens, if it fails reinstall Vista? Thanks alot!

well if you have both original DVDs XP & VISTA with keys
i see no reason why not ..
format the drive & reinstall
(as long as bios options are not completely locked out)

but why you would want to go back to XP is beyond me.
is it due to sluggish performance or you just dont like it..??
:)

--
skunksmash

E2180 @ 3.2ghz
arctic cooler pro 775
4GB gskill HZ @ 1050mhz
Asus P5K premium
160GB seagate 7200
coloursit 600w psu
PNY 8800GT 512mb

  • Re: VS 2005 baffled at step 1
    ... Do you really think that Aaron would publish his friends name on the ... Robin S. ... works on Vista, I second Robin's request for you to divulge your source, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Vista
    ... Could my learned friends please advise if modem discs are yet available for ... the new Vista and if so with which ISP please. ... Tiscali do not have the necessary modem/discs available and say they will ... They further claim the problem is not unique to them, and that all ISP ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: OT Re: Introducing Windows Vista, Freeware Version
    ... Antonio Olivares wrote: ... you can buy Vista and make copies for friends and the friend can use Vista ... Enquirer "Enquiring minds want to know" ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: OT Re: Introducing Windows Vista, Freeware Version
    ... make copies for friends and the friend can use Vista ... distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Cool boat & travel computer
    ... friends don't let friends use Vista. ... We had video overlays on DOS screens, text to voice and voice recognition projects up and running - under DOS - on 33 Mhz ATs. ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)