Re: Windows update offers me KB938371 when I already have it.

"Chris Benton" <ChrisBenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7ACEDB89-86C6-41D4-A367-0605514C5DD7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For months, I've been getting a prompt from Windows Update to install
KB938371. The install always fails, but then I thought to check my installed
updates list, and I discovered that this update had already been installed
back in February. Even so, Windows Update constantly pushes me to install it,
and I can't make it go away. I suspect that this is what is keeping me from
installing Visa SP1, since it thinks I don't have an update that I do, in
fact, have. I can't uninstall the previous installation of this update.
Please advise. Thanks.

Well, you go to the Windows Update site, view update list, find the update site, right-click the like, and select Hide. It won't come to your machine after you do that.

  • Re: I am having connectivity problems
    ... Are you telling me that the ZA firewall AND the Windows Firewall was enabled when you installed SP3 via Windows Update? ... This Service "protects" Windows and disallows certain changes to be made (e.g., the changes install SP3 will make), so it should have been disabled prior to installing SP3. ... does the connection problem persist? ...
  • Re: manual MS Update fails (gen. host proc. fail) but works automa
    ... I thought I'd post a quick update to my windows update issue with generic ... Updates were failing for various 'generic host process' errors with various ... The memory was added to the laptop when it had Vista to upgrade from 1 ... unresponsive when you try to install an update from Windows Update or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... I stopped it, did a cold boot, and afterward tried windows update, but still ... This was a fresh install on a new hd and has been extremely stable .. ... Proxycfg settings WORKED. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Windows XP failing
    ... I had a problem where windows update reported that the "Update for Outlook ... 2003 Junk email filter KB905648" had failed to install. ... I am NOT impressed with the fact that the Microsoft "help" has given me such ... A software firewall is a security system that acts as a protective boundary ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Windows XP failing